Some Must Reads...

  • Everything Matters!
  • South of Broad
  • The Shack
  • Water For Elephants

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Life Gets In The Way...

It's been a long while since my last post, and as the title of this suggests, Life just kinda got in the way. I have gone through some things that have made me a bit introspective so I have not been in the mood to share as of late.



Back in August, my Grandmother died. It wasn't entirely unexpected, as she was 93, but it still took a lot out of me. I have many fond memories of my Gram and loved her a lot. I miss her all the time.

Losing someone really makes you think about a lot of things, some great memories, and some scary stuff (mortality, death.) I think it's harder to deal with the older you are because your view on your own mortality comes into perspective. When your 20, 20 years down the road seems like an eternity...when your 40 it seems like every year goes by too quickly, and it's one year that you'll never have back.

Death also makes you examine the other relationships in your life, and think about investing more in those that matter and maybe remove those that do nothing but drain you. But what do you do when one of the draining relationships is one you also feel obligated to remain in?

More to come...

No comments:

Post a Comment